By Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren
The relied on center incapacity textbook will get a entire replace during this moment version, now completely revised to incorporate the entire serious themes contemporary pros want to know approximately as they paintings with those that have highbrow and developmental disabilities. dropped at you through a brand new staff of world-renowned specialists and individuals, this quantity totally prepares destiny educators, social employees, researchers, and clinicians to supply the easiest prone and helps to young children and adults around the existence span. Tomorrow's execs will notice what to do and the way to do it as they arrange for his or her vital paintings, and they will discuss with this hassle-free compendium yr after 12 months for info, insights, and solutions. A cornerstone textual content for any direction interested in highbrow and developmental disabilities—and a vital reference for each in-service professional's library.
THE perfect center textual content FOR highbrow AND DEVELOPMENTAL incapacity COURSES:
- Broad and deep, with thorough, up to date info on intervention, schooling, relatives roles, overall healthiness matters, particular disabilities, and masses more
- Life span–focused, with themes starting from genetics and improvement to concerns with regards to aging
- Multidisciplinary, mixing examine and private reviews of greater than 70 esteemed authors from diversified fields
- Immediately appropriate, providing either the evidence and useful, real-world recommendation on assembly the person wishes of individuals with disabilities
- Student pleasant, with studying targets, instructive case tales, stimulating questions for mirrored image, and key web resources
WHATâ€™S NEW: New co-editors and members * New and largely up-to-date chapters on severe themes, together with AAC and know-how, autism spectrum illness, advocacy and self-advocacy, verbal exchange demanding situations, family members concerns, human improvement and genetics, felony and moral issues, and psychopharmacology
SELECTED themes lined: assessment and analysis * habit and psychological overall healthiness * mind plasticity * cerebral palsy * determination making and consent * Down syndrome * early improvement and intervention * schooling * employment * epilepsy * fetal alcohol spectrum affliction * fragile X syndrome * gender concerns in developmental disabilities * overseas human rights * dietary concerns * parenting * actual wellbeing and fitness * provider platforms and ways * transition from university to grownup lifestyles
Read or Download A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities PDF
Best special education books
This publication assembles into one quantity summaries of school-based intervention learn that pertains to those that deal frequently with the transforming into physique of scholars having high-incidence studying disabilities and/or habit issues: detailed educators, college psychologists, and scientific baby psychologists.
In a pamphlet released in 2005 Mary Warnock expressed matters approximately many of the innovations that she had helped to introduce within the box of exact schooling nearly 3 many years previous. She argued that the position of designated colleges was once uncertain and the pursuit of inclusion had turn into too ideological.
Bringing jointly the most recent learn and realizing on selective mutism, this edited ebook supplies crucial details at the quite a few therapy and remedy thoughts. specialists within the fields of speech and language treatment, psychology, tune remedy schooling and communique supply a variety of specialist views at the , whereas case reviews from individuals with selective mutism, previous victims and oldsters demonstrate the private impression.
The relied on middle incapacity textbook will get a complete replace during this moment version, now completely revised to incorporate the entire severe subject matters modern day pros want to know approximately as they paintings with those that have highbrow and developmental disabilities. dropped at you via a brand new crew of world-renowned specialists and participants, this quantity absolutely prepares destiny educators, social employees, researchers, and clinicians to supply the simplest companies and helps to teenagers and adults around the lifestyles span.
- Schwierigkeiten beim Schriftspracherwerb im Zusammenhang mit Sprachentwicklungsstörungen (German Edition)
- Beating Bureaucracy in Special Educational Needs: Helping SENCOs maintain a work/life balance (David Fulton / Nasen)
- The Nightmare Knight (Dangerous Games)
- Approaches to Developing Accessible Learning Experiences: Conceptualising Best Practice
Extra resources for A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities by Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren